Wednesday, October 10, 2007

 
Am I too good for the buy in or am I just lacking skills?




Ok, just gonna start out by saying, I don't want you to look at the following and just think its some bad beat story wanting sympathy. I want someone other than me to look it over, the hand, the bets, the cards, positions, etc and tell me...is this just happening to me because I am playing below my limits? I always thought playing lower limits meant easier opponents which meant more wins...but I don't know if that goes for poker. The worse the player the more the luck factor seems to play. Whats your opinion? I have deleted the other 7 players at the table to make this easier to view. None of them were involved in the hand.
Its very very hard to say exactly what you would do but I'll give you some background info. This player had been at my table for less than 10 hands. Of those 10 hands I hadn't played one yet, and had folded my blinds when raised. 532 people entered the tourney. We were down to 112 with 54 getting paid. Average stack size was 6k. Ante was 50 chips and the Blinds were at 200/400.




Hand Details
Return to Search

Please note: You can only view your own down cards. Other players will only see your cards if they were played through to showdown.
« Prev Hand Next Hand »
Fenderkid
2 Seat
K A
$2,455.00/$0.00
$2,455.00
$-2,455.00
hamptonjpig
3 Seat
K 4
$3,552.00/$6,707.00
$2,455.00
$3,155.00
Fenderkid
Set dealer/Bring in spot
2
hamptonjpig
Ante/Small blind
$ 200.00
sirrich
Big blind/Bring in
$ 400.00
Fenderkid
Card dealt to a spot
K A
hamptonjpig
Card dealt to a spot
K 4
Fenderkid
All-in
$ 2,405.00
hamptonjpig
All-in
$ 3,302.00
sirrich
Fold
$ 450.00
hamptonjpig
Return uncalled portion of bet
$ 1,097.00
Betting round completed
Last active pot = $0.00 Side pot 2 = $5,610.00
hamptonjpig
Show card: Two PairK K 4 4 8
Fenderkid
Show card: Two PairK K 2 2 A
hamptonjpig
Hand result
$ 5,610.00
Ok, so there you have it. He defended his blind for 3/4 of his chips with K 4 off. What cards could he possible have thought I was holding. I mean...K 4 off doesnt beat much... So, what do you think? Is this a mistake common to low buy ins or will I run into this same sort of play even at $50 and up mtt's?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?