Friday, July 14, 2006

 

Ok, so the last week has not been very kind to me. I have slacked off only entering a handful of tournaments and running into the worst luck I have ever experienced. Its demoralizing for sure.

Take this here $30 + $3 NL tournament on July 9th. 130 Players entered and going into the final table I had twice the 2nd man's stack. Chip leader and feeling good. Well about 3 hands in that ended when I moved all in on a flop of 5 J Q. The man to my left called with A 10. I was holding Q 10. Great!!! Not really though, as the turn came 5 and the river K; -1/3 of my stack to a gut draw str8. Poker is a twisted game....so evil.

I managed to blow that one off and continue on until only 5 of us remained. I was in good shape until I blew a hand with KQ suited vs AJ. No sob story here, was my bad. A few hands later the button moved all in with me in the BB. I called with QQ. He showed A 5 off. Now surely I was going to double up. Flop came 5 5 5. Yes, quads. No help on the turn or the river and I lost in 5th place. It paid $253. 1st paid $1170. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Next, on July 10th I entered the $3500 guarantee and was once again chip leader with 18 ppl left. Right to the point; I called the 2nd man's all in with AK vs JJ. Why did I call? Because I am a donkey. Ok, so really I called because I was playing to win. I really felt if I could eliminate this guy, I'd have such a huge chip lead that no one would be able to catch me. Of course, I lost the hand and went from the chip leader to literally short stacked. I fell out of the tournament in 15th/385 players.

Feeling disgusted with these tourney results on June 11th I sat down at a $1/$2 NL table to play some good old fashion cash games. Was up about $50 in the first half hour until I was dealt AK. Flop hit AK rag. When the player in front of me moved in for $165 I couldn't call quick enough. Seemed like the right thing to do right up until he showed me his KK. Ok, so that sucked. Life got worse. Finally, after losing over $435 I called it a night. Good thinking....

On July 12, I only played 2 tourneys. A $3500 guarantee that I lost in 110th/332 with AK vs K 10. Then I played a $10 NL tournament in which I finished 9th/51. Was nice to see a final table again at least. Just couldn't put it together though and was the first to bust out. The $18 payout didn't help my ego any.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?