Sunday, July 09, 2006

 
July 8th, 2006 Events

Today was just a rough day; no two ways about it. I didn't crawl my lazy rear out of bed until 6:30 pm and most of my usual events are already going on or over. I did get a chance to catch the 6K guarantee though.

After a whole lot of hesitation I coughed up the $16 entry fee and joined the field of 414 entrants. I hate these cheap guarantee tourneys because they almost always end on a bad beat somewhere around the bubble for little to no $$$. The tournament started at 9:30pm so I knew playing it pretty much meant my night.

After 3 1/2 hours the field was under 50 and I was about twice the average stack, but the blinds were high and in usual bodog fashion our tables had become short handed to around 5 players. I played as patiently as I could while I waited for the tables to re-organize so I wasn't getting nailed for 2k every round.

Finally, the tables did fill back up and the field got crunched down to 15 players. I was now holding about 40K of the 600k chips in play. This was close to the average but no one really had it. We had a few 70k stacks and several 15k stacks. I spent some time jacking blinds increasing my stack before making my biggest mistake of the tournament.

I was in late position and looked down at A 10 off. No one had called the now 2K blind but with the 200 chip antes our pot was now 4800. I wanted it! I had raised 3x the blind a few times and had problems getting the BB off of it so I decided to really put the screws to him. I moved all in for 40K or so. This guy had me covered but only by about 1.2k so I knew he'd have to have a monster to call me. The SB quickly folded but the BB was hesitating. Uh oh. What have I done? After what seemed like an eternity bodog's system chimed at him letting him know he had 5 seconds to make his mind up; he called.

He turned over 10 10. The flop offered a tidbit of hope with 2 4 5. The turn came 9 and the river 10 making his set and eliminating me in 15th place. As if to pour salt in my wounds I got a pop up letting me know I had just finished 15th and won ...... $68. Ya, thats real nice considerng first paid over $1500. Just kick me while I'm down why don't you.

Its times like these, I hear my wife's resonating words "I hate that all in stuff, you always lose when you do that...." I should listen to her, shes apparently a whole lot smarter than me.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?