Saturday, July 08, 2006

 
July 7th - - Super busy day today.

I logged on today at 5pm to start playing some tournaments. It started out ok as I was making my way through a field of over 400 entrants battling it out for $25K in a Super Stack 6 Handed tounament. Somehow I got into an all in situation with a less than perfect AJ suited only to end up losing to QJ as 2 pair came on the river. Ok $44 wasted.

So next I entered the $10 + $1 NL tournament with a field of 150 people. After battling it out for three hours I was able to finally pull away with this one for $450. Feeling on top of my game I decided to enter the $10K tournament.

After 2 hours into this tournament I lost with KK vs Q 9 suited. Does it matter that it was suited. YES, just ask the guy who called my pre flop all in with it. Flop QQ5- enough said.
$27 gone to waste; my one comfort is this guy did not go on to make the top 20.

I played a few other small tournaments but nothing noteworthy happened. Lost one on a bad beat and another on just a ridiculous play by ME. I have caught some kind of bug lately that attracts me to pushing all in with Mid pair plus open end straight draws. Hopefully, I can get rid of this bug soon as it is costing me dearly. i.e. KQJ flop me: Q 10 ( yes someone had A 10)

So, as of now when I just logged off Bodog.com it is 6:30 am and I am just over $500 richer. Not a bad day for a new player. O, and I was able to move up several spots on the tournament leader board to 43rd. For anyone who doesnt know, bodog.com sends its monthly leader to vegas to play in the weekly Bellagio tournament.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?