Tuesday, July 04, 2006

 


July 4th, 2006 $10 + $1 NL MTT Results

Entrants: 73

Finished: 8th

I am embarrassed bout this one. I was in great shape holding about 15 % of the chips in play when I got stupid. I looked upon A 8 off in late position. The chip leader put in a standard raise of 2x the blind. I called. The flop came 2h 5h 8d. The chip leader was first to act; he checked the hand. (in my defense this guy hadnt checked a hand yet he wasnt willing to fold) I bet the pot of 3600. Now, a few hands before I had put a nasty bluff on this guy getting him to lay down his 10's only to show him my 4's. That cost him about 6K and so I was prepared for a call or re-raise because the flop looked like it missed us both. He pushed over the top; I hesitated getting a wild sense this guy was slow playing a large pair. But, as if my tired brain knew no better, I made the call anyway. Sure enough, KK vs A8. Needless to say, the turn and river brought no 8's or aces and I fell from grace in 8th place. I was very upset because this would have been my second 1st place finish today had I held on. As it is I saw 2 final tables today and played 5 MTT's.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?